Meet the Artist . . . Jackson Richards

If you've been in the library in recent weeks you will have noticed the very colorful origami art in the display cases. This work was done by our very own patron, Jackson Richards.



The public is invited to attend a
Meet the Artist reception for Jackson on Thursday, August 28, from 7-8 pm.



Jackson was kind enough to answer a few interview questions:

Tell us a little about yourself:
I am 12 years old. I live just outside of the city limits in a big 1918 house. I have three dogs, six cats, and a horse. Me and my brother, Gabe, just recently bought ourselves a Wii game system. I love to play the piano and sing and play violin. I love animals, gardening, and flowers.
When did you get interested in origami and how long have you been doing this? When I was in the third grade my brother Gabe checked out a book about origami and did it for almost six months. In fifth grade I looked for the book but could not find it. I checked out another not-so-good book and lost interest. Just this spring, I checked out a great book, and have been doing it ever since. I have just recently gotten rather good at it.
What is you favorite source for origami patterns? Books. Particularly "Origami: The Complete Guide to the Art of Paperfolding".
Where do you get your materials? Usually at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.
What other interests do you have? All things. Music, tennis, papercraft, writing, reading, making graphs, playing frisbee, swimming, watching the Olympics, and skating.
Thank you. You're welcome.